Thursday, November 19, 2009

My First Post! YAY ME!!!

OK, I've had this blog for a while now, but I didn't know what to say. Me speechless? Yes, this is rare...but I am hoping to express myself on a keyboard. We'll see! I am about halfway through my photography course and things are going pretty well, I must say. This past week, however was not the best...I had "writer's block"...hmmm, what is that called for a photographer? I think I am just so used to a digital camera that it is hard for me to take 35mm photos. I get "stingy" with my exposures...and as a (somewhat) perfectionist, if I don't think the shot is great, I won't take the picture. I am a little more generous with my digital. The funny thing is, it is not the money to buy the film that I care about...it's the wasted photo. Needless to say, as much as I love my class, I love my digital camera more. This is a photo I like to call Holy Caterpillar...I took it at the Kateri Shrine. Not to mention the fact that the poor thing was lucky, because I almost stepped on it on the way out.

No comments: